What is Coronavirus | COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by the new coronavirus that emerged in Wuhan,China in December 2019.
Several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
Most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. People who have underlying medical conditions like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, cancer and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and even death.
The World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11 declared COVID-19 a pandemic, pointing to the over 118,000 cases of the coronavirus illness in over 110 countries and territories around the world and the sustained risk of further global spread. WHO is continuously monitoring and responding to this outbreak.
Symptoms of COVID-19 –
It appears that symptoms are showing up in people within 14 days of exposure to the virus.
- Dry Cough
- Sore Throat
- High Fever
- Difficulty in breathing
How coronavirus spreads –
- Air by Cough or sneeze
- Personal contact
- Contaminated objects
- Mass Gathering
Prevention from coronavirus –
There is no coronavirus vaccine yet. Prevention involves –
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Coughing into the bend of your elbow/cover your face while sneezing or coughing.
- Using a face mask.
- Staying at home.
How is coronavirus impacting the world?
- Many doctors , nurses , police, military officials are working day and night to protect the civilians from “The Novel Coronavirus”. Leaving their family behind and risking their lives for the social cause around the world .
- Transportation between the countries has been stopped to stop the virus being spread.
- Inter-country trade of the various products has been stopped which will in-turn decrease the availability of those products leaving an increase in the prices.
- A Major part of globe i.e various countries have announced a lock down within the country as well to stop the virus being spread which has left the entire population of the countries in their houses causing a situation of emergency for social cause .
- All major events such as sporting events , awards ceremonies have been postponed until further notice .
Few things to be happy about during this hardship :
- People are able to spare time from their busy schedule to spend with the family .
- There was serious concerns in the world over the issue of pollution , but as the there is a mass lockdown in the majority of the countries it has given a healing to the mother nature .
You can also checkout the below links for more info..